Thursday 24 April 2014

BaByliss 2285U Curling Wand | Most Trusty Hair Tool



I’m surprised that I haven’t already done a little post on this curling wand, considering it’s featured pretty heavily in my YouTube videos!


The Babyliss 2285U Curling Wand is my favourite hair tool of all time, the main reason I love this wand so much is because the curls stay in for days. I’ve tried a bunch of different curling wands and tongs, but this is the one that works every time. I think that some of this is due to the high temperature it goes up to, as my hair is fairly thick so it needs a high heat to work, and 200oc is apparently the perfect setting for me. Yes, I do use a heat protecting product on my hair before hand, and you should too! One other thing to note, is that the cable is on a swivel thingy, (technical term) so it turns around at the base of the curler and doesn't get tangled. This makes it really easy to use and move around over your head without accidentally creating a noose, always a bonus.

 Another factor that makes it awesome is the conical shape, this makes the curls more natural and modern looking, and less Shirley Temple. Also, it doesn’t have a clamp so there’s no danger of getting that dent of shame where the clip has crimped your hair. I must admit that it took me a good few attempts to get use to just wrapping my hair around the curler, and there were definitely a few minor burns in the process! However, if you’re sensible and actually wear the heat protecting MJ glove (unlike me) then you’ll be fine.

You can get a nice range of different textures with the Babyliss wand, from tighter Taylor Swift curls all the way to loose, romantic Lauren Conrad waves. I think this is an older model, but other Babyliss wands that are very similar seem to be priced around the £20-£30 mark, which is a bargain if you ask me. I’ve had this for 3 years now, and it’s still going strong!

I really don’t have a bad word to say about this wand, it delivers excellent curls, and waves that last. If you want to see it in action I’ve linked a video below! Like I said, I use it a lot on my channel if you want to check it out :]



What’s your favourite hair tool?

Gem
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :]