Thursday 17 October 2013

Topshop Cream Blush | Afternoon Tea | Review

Okay, I’ll admit it; I’m a sucker for a cream blush.
I just like the way they blend into my hamster cheeks, and how they can be built up from subtle flush, to full on creepy doll face. I’ve only tried high street/drugstore ones, but my very favourite is the Topshop Cream Blushes. I’ve got a little horde of them now, and to add to the collection I picked up 'Afternoon Tea'.

I bought this firstly for the colour, and secondly for the name! The packaging is cute too, and all for £6.

 
I know we’re coming into Autumn and it’s all about the orange and burgundy colours, but I don’t like or suit them...
So take that fall! I will disobey your colour palette. Ha.
This is a real Spring colour, pink and sweet and cute. It looks like something Barbie may heave up after a heavy night on the town, and I love it. It gives me life, I’ve got a yellow undertone so I feel like this counteracts it and makes it acceptable for me to leave the house.
All of the Topshop cream blushes I’ve tried have the same silky, smooth texture that’s just super easy to blend under, or over powder/foundation. I like to apply my base and pop the blush on with my fingers, then I let it settle while I finish my makeup. It goes on fine with a brush too, but the warmth of your fingers helps to blend. To make sure I get a good colour and staying power, I just add another little layer at the end of my makeup routine. If you put a touch of powder blush over the top, then this stuff is pretty much bulletproof.
That's a lot of positive praise for a little dotty compact, but I genuinely like these blushes and use them daily. So if you're undecided about them, then I hope I've helped you out!
What your favourite cream blush? I’m looking to move out of my comfort zone!
Gem
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :]