Monday 31 December 2012

New Year Resolution? Pass.

My new year resolution is not to make a resolution.
My Twitter and Facebook are flooded with the typical  - "New year new me" "Can't wait to start my new diet" & "[insert relevant year] is going to be my year [list relevant events]"
 
Yadda yadda yadda!
 
 Personally I just find it a tad annoying, because it's all lies. Coming back to my point, most resolutions have no staying power or meaning now. Don't get me wrong, I think setting yourself goals is a good form of motivation, but just doing it because everyone else is seems pointless. Rant over.
 
What I do like to do to prepare for a new year (instead of making a resolution) is a huge sort out. Delving into the scary part of my wardrobe, and hoping I don't end up in Narnia. It feels like a cleansing process, out with the old and all that jazz. New, clean bed sheets,good company & comfy PJs, that's the way I'm welcoming the new year in :]
 
Gem

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :]