Wednesday 12 December 2012

Minty Fresh | Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque Review

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
 
Right, so I read a billion million amazing reviews on this and therefore needed it in my life. So when it arrived in the post, (I got it off amazon), I was stupidly excited to try it, and watch as it magically fixed my face. First impression were good, nice spearmint smell (like polos), nice thick texture, it all looked promising, I thought we would hit it off...
 
However, the first time I used it, it made my face sting so bad my eyes watered! But I was so determined that it was a miracle product that I just kept it on...yeah, I know... and also tried it again a few more times before admitting defeat :[
Needless to say, it didn’t make any noticeable difference to my skin, at least in a good way. So it didn't work for me as a mask, but I found another use...
 It’s possibly the best spot treatment. My skin isn’t too bad, it behaves itself most of the time. However, when I do get a breakout it always seems to be angry looking, under the skin stuff. I confess...I squeeze. Yes it’s gross, bad and extremely unhelpful, but I can’t help it. It’s like an addiction. I try so hard not to, but it’s so satisfying...
Anyway, my gross habit makes things worse. I end up with a whole lot of mess on my face from poking and prodding, and generally taking the facial situation from, small outbreak to apocalypse (the type with zombies). This tube of overpowering, stingy face mask is fab at nuking those problem areas. It really shrinks them up and tones down the redness. I just pop a layer on at night and sleep in it, and it seems to work. 
* I’m not sure how advisable it is to leave a face mask on for like 8 hours, but I figured it’s only small areas and it stops working once it’s dry. *
Plus, at the time I didn’t care I just wanted those things off my face! As it’s quite drying though, I make sure I moisturise well in the morning, and the next night use something like bio – oil on the same area.
So in case anyone else has had a similar problem, this might be another way to use up the tube so it doesn't go to waste.
Gem :]
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :]